All Ladies Backpacking the Superior Hiking Trail, MN
June 20 - June 23$700
Becoming an Outdoors Woman and Pingora Outdoors Presents:
Section Backpacking the Superior Hiking Trail, a Ladies Only Trip!
In northeastern Minnesota, the Superior Hiking Trail traverses 296 miles of rugged landscape and beautiful vistas of Lake Superior. The most popular and arguably more scenic sections of the Superior Hiking Trail start north of Duluth.
Join Pingora Outdoors in the ladies only trip as we embark on this four day journey up north. We will make our way from the iconic Split Rock Lighthouse State Park to Tettegouche State Park.
Unplug from technology, make new friends, and get ready for new experiences and scenic views! We will take time to snap photos, play in the water and learn how to camp and cook as a group. Backpacking with Pingora Outdoors by your side will be an unforgettable adventure!
Thursday, June 20
- Meet at Pingora Ankeny at 8 AM
- Depart for SHT Trailhead
- Stop for Lunch along the way
- Set up Camp, go over basic packing skills
Friday, June 21
Split Rock Lighthouse State Park to Beaver Bay (11.3 miles)
- Trail climbs to majestic pine forest with rocky outcrops
- After descending, trail climbs again to more views of inland forests and Lake Superior
Saturday, June 22
Beaver Bay to Bear Lake/Bean Lake (10 Miles)
- Very challenging and scenic section with views of Lake Superior and inland forests
- Views of Bean and Bear Lakes from trail on ridge
Sunday, June 23
Bear Lake/Bean Lake to Tettegouche State Park (5 Miles)
- Incredible views from Round Mountain, Mount Trudee, and Raven Rock
- Steep descent down the Drainpipe, a series of giant rock steps
- Crosses on bridge over High Falls of the Baptism River, the highest falls entirely in Minnesota
- Head back to Pingora Ankeny, arrive by 8 or 9 PM (Subject to change)
Trip Investment: $700. This investment includes:
- Group gear
- All meals (except stops on the drive)
- All other logistics taken care of by us
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions!
You can call us at (515) 981-3226, message us on facebook, or email us at email@example.com.