- This event has passed.
All Ladies Intro to Canoe Camping on the Des Moines River with BOW
July 27 - July 28$130
Pingora Outdoors and Becoming an Outdoors Woman Presents:
Women’s Only Intro to Canoe Camping on the Des Moines River
Iowa is known for its scenic rivers. Most people have only ever experienced these rivers during the day. Did you know that you can actually camp on any sandbar turning your canoe trip into a multi-day canoeing adventure? Join Pingora Outdoors as we teach you the basics of Canoe Camping. How to do it safely and how to fall in love with some of Iowa’s best kept secrets.
Day 1 (July 27, 8-10 mile paddle)
Meet at Pingora Outdoors in Jester Park
- Drive to highway 30 access (Boone). Start paddling after lunch.
- Canoe down river towards Ledges State Park.
- Start searching for a place after Ledges.
- Dinner and camping on the sandbar.
Day 2 (July 28, 7-9 mile paddle)
Wake up, breakfast on the sandbar, paddle downriver to Laurie Ramp (Madrid)
- Breakfast in the morning, then paddle down river to highway 210.
- Enjoy views, wildlife and soak in nature
Trip Investment: $130
- Group gear
- All meals
- All other logistics taken care of by us
Once registered, you will be required to fill out liability and medical release forms. You will also receive a list of required gear with important information.