Backpacking the Ozark Highlands Trail, AR
April 12 - April 14$550
Pingora Outdoors Presents:
Backpacking the Ozark Highlands Trail
Enjoy a vibrant springtime setting in the most remote and scenic regions of the Ozark Mountains in Arkansas. Explore some of the area’s breathtaking mountains and intimate valley floors, experiencing gorgeous views and lush deciduous forest along the way.
As always, your Pingora Outdoors guides will be with you every step of the way. We will provide instruction on any and all backcountry skills that you’d like to learn including cooking, backcountry camping, and navigation.
Drive to Trailhead
- Depart Pingora Outdoors Ankeny at 5:30 pm
- Stop for dinner along the way
- Set up camp at the start of our route upon arrival
Trailhead to Herrod’s Creek (10 Miles)
- Begin the day with breakfast and an instructional session on proper bag packing
- Enjoy a full day of hiking through the beautiful Ozark National Forest
Herrod’s Creek to Forest Rd. 5015 (8.9 Miles)
- Starting with an early morning, we’ll finish our hike in the early afternoon
- Head back to Pingora Outdoors Ankeny and arrive by 10pm
Trip Investment: $550. This investment includes:
- Group gear
- All meals (except stops on the drive)
- All other logistics taken care of by us
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions!
You can call us at (515) 981-3226, message us on facebook, or email us at email@example.com.