- This event has passed.
National Park Photography Tour with Bryan Conley
June 9 - June 16$1200
We are excited to announce Pingora Outdoor’s first National Park Photography Tour with professional photographer and Iowa native Bryan Conley! Load up your camera gear and head out with us to Colorful Colorado as we explore the vast mountain ranges of Rocky Mountain National Park and stunning desert scenery in Great Sand Dunes National Park, with some exciting stops in between. On this trip, we will explore a wide variety of landscapes and settings that will allow you to stretch your legs as a travel, landscape, or wildlife photographer (or all of the above!). From start to finish, each participant will learn photography tips, tricks, techniques, and overall wisdom from Bryan, who will be accompanying you every step of the way along with a trained Pingora Outdoors Guide.
Whether you’re a beginner photographer or a seasoned pro, this trip is designed for you. We encourage people of any skill level to sign up!
Sun. June 9
- Depart Pingora Ankeny early
- Drive 11 hours to Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP)
- Stop for bathroom breaks, road meals, sunset pics
- Pick up participants flying into Denver Airport
- Set up camp at reserved sites in RMNP Campground
Mon. June 10
- Full day in RMNP
- Workshop during lunch
Tues. June 11
- Full day in RMNP
- Hit tons of different trails
Wed. June 12
- Leave camp in the early morning
- Drive the Peak to Peak Highway
- Explore Colorado’s Collegiate Range
Thur. June 13
Early hike up Mt. Evans
- Drive 2 hours to Great Sand Dunes National Park (GSDNP)
Fri. June 14
- Full day in GSDNP
- Camp in GSDNP
Sat. June 15
- Depart DGDNP
- Drop off participants flying out of Denver
- Begin drive back to Ankeny
Sun. June 16
- Arrive at Pingora Ankeny in the afternoon.
What gear do I need to bring?
Whatever personal camera equipment you’d like. We will have a large trailer with enough space to fit in all of your gear. As far as camping equipment, Pingora provides all group gear including tents, sleeping bags and pads, cooking equipment, etc… participants only need to bring clothing, toiletries, footwear, and any other personal items.
What will the living situation be?
Pingora will have campsites reserved at each stop.
Do I need to bring money for meals?
Pingora provides breakfast, lunch and dinner every day of the trip. The only meals not provided will be road meals on the first and last day when leaving and driving back to Ankeny.
I don’t live in Iowa but I’d like to do this trip. Can I still sign up?
Of course! We plan to pick up participants from Denver International Airport if they don’t live in Iowa or do but prefer to fly.
How physically demanding will this trip be?
Each day will consist of hiking on easy to moderately difficult trails with plenty of inclines. Nothing too challenging but the ability to hike several miles in a day is required.
Trip Investment: $1200, This investment includes:
- All meals (except while driving to and from Ankeny)
- Camping and National Park admissions fees covered by us
- Hands on photography guidance from professional photographer Bryan Conley
- Direct and diligent support provided by a trained Pingora Guide
- All logistics taken care of by us
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!
You can call us at (515) 981-3226, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on Facebook!