Grigri 2 Belay Device
Designed for experienced climbers, the GRIGRI 2 belay device with assisted braking is designed to facilitate belay maneuvers. Both compact and lightweight, it is used with dynamic single 9.4 to 10.3 mm diameter ropes (possible with 8.9 mm to 11 mm diameters). The assisted braking improves belay comfort when working a route and when arresting a fall.
- Hand motions are the same as with classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope.
- May be optimally used on all 9.4 to 10.3 mm dynamic single ropes (possible for 8.9 mm to 11 mm ropes)
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
- Assisted braking: during fall arrest, the belayer holds the brake side of the rope, the cam pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking action until the rope stops sliding
- The GRIGRI 2’s design allows for better descent control. One hand holds the rope and the other uses the handle to unlock the cam. The patented handle design allows a very gradual release of the rope.
- Weight: 170 g
- Rope compatibility: single ropes between 8.9 and 11 mm in diameter
- Material(s): aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Certification(s): CE EN 15151, UIAA
$99.95Send us a message
Customers who bought this product also purchased
Pingora Logo TeeThe most comfortable t-shirt you will ever own Have you been looking for a reason to buy a new shirt? Well look no further this super awesome rad Pingora Outdoors T-shirt which is gonna change your life! It is warm when you want it to be warm, cool when you want ...
Pingora Logo Long Sleeved TeeThe most comfortable long sleeved t-shirt you will ever own Loved the Pingora Logo Short Sleeved Tee, but own all of the colors already? We’ve got you covered! The long sleeved addition to the Pingora Brand is super comfy, stylish and different from our other shirts! Add it to your collection ...
September Kayaking Adventure’sExplore the High Trestle Bridge from below as we paddle directly underneath it on the Des Moines River. We will paddle from there to the boat ramp in Jester Park located on most northern edge of Saylorville Lake. As we enter fall you can expect to paddle right past the ...
Insulated Static VThe Klymit Insulated Static V is a lightweight camping pad using body mapping technology with all season warmth and comfort. It features the v-chamber design which limits air movement and heat loss while offering a uniquely ergonomic body map which is optimzed for performance and comfort. While inflating in approximately ...
Refuge HammocksPeregrine introduces the REFUGE series of hammocks. These are built to be light, comfortable, and stronger than the competition. Peregrine is the only brand providing CE certified climbing rated carabiners and woven Dyneema slings as attachments. Super comfortable and strong nylon fabrics, triple stitched seams, and an integrated roll top ...
Outdoor 2.0Outdoor 2.0 is the newest and most versatile Luci light yet. With more light settings, it’s brighter than ever and longer lasting than the previous generation of Luci Outdoor. The new adjustable bottom strap lets you attach Luci anywhere without needing an extra hook. Just as lightweight, waterproof and durable as ...