Intro to Backpacking at Yellow River State Forest with BOW, July 20-21
Pingora Outdoors Presents and Becoming an Outdoors Woman:
Women’s only Intro to Backpacking at Yellow River State Forest
Myth: Iowa has no wilderness. Fact: Upend your preconceptions and head out on a 14.3 mile loop through 8,503 acres of crinkle carpet topography, plunging ravine and sandstone bluff with wildlife all around!
Join Pingora Outdoors on the ladies only trip as we teach the introductory skills to backpacking.
Unplug from technology, meet new outdoor enthusiast ladies, and get ready for new experiences and scenic views! We will take time to snap photos, play in the water and learn how to camp and cook as a group. Backpacking with Pingora Outdoors by your side will be an unforgettable adventure for all!
$175.00Send us a message
Day 1 (July 20)
Drive to Yellow River
- Stop for lunch during the drive
- Arrive at Yellow River, begin with a basic backpacking skills session.
- Hike in 3 miles to Brown’s Hollow Camp
- Leave No Trace overview
Day 2 (July 21)
Finish the hike and head home
- Breakfast in the morning
- Teach packing skills, timeliness and revisit LNT
- Hike out 3.5 miles and head back to Pingora Outdoors Ankeny
Trip Investment: $175
This investment includes:
- Group gear
- All meals (except for meals on the road)
- All other logistics taken care of by us